Anthony Messina graduated from Florida State University in 2007 with a Bachelor of Science in Finance and studied corporate mergers and acquisitions under Professor James Ang, one of the most published finance scholars in the world. Anthony then earned his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law in the spring of 2010. Upon graduation he accepted an associate position at Mark T. Tate, P.A. While practicing as an associate attorney with Mark Tate, an attorney recognized for his work in publications such as Florida Trend and Florida Super Lawyers magazines, Anthony has worked on national mergers, professional sports franchise stadium license agreements, multi-million dollar acquisitions and other complex securities transactions. Anthony also gained extensive experience working with local medical practices during his time at Mark T. Tate, P.A. But his goal has always been to help small business owners and individuals with their legal needs. Anthony is a member in good standing of the Florida Bar.
Anthony was born and raised in Tampa and now lives in Citrus Park. He is an active member of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church in Ybor City and also participates in local philanthropic organizations, such as the Adaptive Youth Sports Program at Van Dyke Methodist Church in Odessa, Florida.
- National merger of seven regional foodservice brokers to form the largest food service brokerage in North America and subsequent corporate representation of said brokerage
- $35,000,000 debtor tax planning matter with discharge of indebtedness income, insolvency exception and abandonment of partnership interest deduction issues
- Professional sports franchise relocation, stadium construction and license agreement with zoning and land use regulation, local government, sovereign immunity and other related issues
- Over 20 miscellaneous acquisitions or dispositions with restrictive covenant, deferred compensation, confidentiality, employee retention and other related issues
- Complex, reverse like-kind exchange in real estate and other luxury assets
- Creation of Florida Land Trusts for asset protection and privacy while retaining Florida homestead protection and tax exemption